At Environworks we will show how you are similar or different from others in your personal and professional life through completion of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®). The MBTI® is a practical tool for achieving understanding of your own personality type and appreciation of the types of others. The understanding of personality type can help you in leadership and management, decision-making, team-building, change management, career choices and self-appreciation.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) instrument is the most widely used personality inventory in history. Last year over two million people gained priceless insight about themselves and the people they interact with daily by taking the MBTI® instrument.
ETHICS: Consulting Psychologists Press (CPP), the governing body of The MBTI® requires administrators of the instrument to be certified by passing a rigorous test following their qualifying program. They also require that the administrators provide a detailed interpretation with every administration. We are Certified Practitioners!
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Upon Completion of the MBTI...
- Everyone learns a new, non-judging language for discussing their similarities and differences, as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
- Client relations tend to improve because, with knowledge of personality type, employees can determine how clients need and want to be approached.
- Individuals comprehend why they are the way they are– and that they are okay.
- It becomes easier to ascertain the training employees will benefit from.
- Managers can do a better job of assigning tasks and helping employees to develop.
- Employees feel less stress, and are better able to cope with the stress they feel.
- Staff feels empowered and enthusiastic.
- Organizational leaders understand the temperament and work style of individual employees and managers.
- There is enhanced communication, understanding, and improved professional and personal relationships.
- Individuals understand why they have difficulty getting along with some people but click with others.
- Employees who are "unusual" are understood and appreciated.
- Sales people become better equipped to ascertain the likely service needs and wants of their customers.
- Work group decision-making processes are expanded.
- The ability of individuals to work well in teams will be significantly enhanced. There is clarity of roles.
- Managers learn to give performance feedback to employees in a manner they understand and accept which facilitates improved performance and accelerated professional development.
- Individuals identify their strengths and shortcomings and know which jobs they are best suited for.
- Overall work relationships between staff improve because there is an increased understanding of personal behaviors and tendencies.
- The organization has an improved concept of its strengths and opportunities as a whole.
The assessment tool upon which some of our workshops are supported, the MBTI® is the most valued and reliable instrument used to establish a person's personality type. The instrument is based on Carl Jung's theories of personality and was developed by the mother/daughter team of Isabel Myers and Kathryn Briggs.
The MBTI® allows us to identify a person's learning style, communication style, leadership style, work preference, career match, and reactions to stress. Nearly all of us presuppose that humans are all ruled by the same basic motivations, needs, desires and instincts. This assumption usually leads to communication misunderstandings and conflict.